Hello! This is the infamous travel blog for OWLs (Older Wiser Ladies) ages 40 to 80 plus.
We have traveled the planet in search of comfortable places to be beau-dacious!
Join our adventures!

28 August 2011

Where to Go in September?

My friend Dominica (an age 62 OWL) signed up for Country Roads of Bavaria, Switzerland, and Austria tour by a company called Insight Vacations and she leaves mid-September. This tour looks wonderful. It's "an evenly paced tour with two-night stays in Munich, Vienna, St Moritz and Lucerne.. . . From the glorious cruise through the Wachau Valley to the enthralling Bernina Express, this tour offers up an Alpine world of enchantment and unrivalled beauty like no other." Perhaps I can talk my friend into telling us all about it when she returns. 

Another friend, Irene (age unknown but an OWL), scooped up a delicious price on an Air Transat flight to Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Only $299 + taxes return flight Amsterdam-Vancouver. Wow! Wish I'd seen that one!

Judy (OWL age) and six of her friends with husbands in tow have booked a Tuscan villa somewhere in the Chianti for two glorious weeks. They start out in London and head over through the chunnel, somehow ending up in Florence, picking up a rental car, then driving to the villa. Hey, can I be your personal driver?

My sister Carol (a mid-50s OWL) opted for a trip to Osoyoos, BC. About a dozen of my co-workers also holiday there in the summertime. Why Osoyoos? Because it's only a five hour drive from Vancouver and the weather is hot hot hot! Even my boss owns a cottage near Osoyoos on the American side of the lake. A wonderful vacation area for the entire family. (Yes, at age 62 I work part time; I like where I work and I love the people.)

Where are you spending your September? 

Anyone else venturing outbound? Leave us a comment, we'd love to hear about it. The last of the dog days of summer are upon us and come Labour Day weekend (September 6th), kids will go back to school, but we Older Wiser Ladies will be forging ahead on our vacations!!!! I love traveling in September and October especially to Europe. Did I tell you I love traveling throughout Europe? Of course I did. However, next year I'm planning a trip to the United Kingdom and Ireland. So hello to Annie in Edinburgh, make sure you keep a bubbly for me on tap at the local pub!

Happy travels!

[Copyright M. J. Milne 2011; http://olderwiserladies.blogspot.com/

[Disclaimer: The ladies of OWL and M. J. Milne take no responsibility in the companies that we mention throughout the OWL blog, but please know that we usually only mention travel companies that we've personally used, or heard about through friends, or other OWLs.]

No comments:

Post a Comment