Hello! This is the infamous travel blog for OWLs (Older Wiser Ladies) ages 40 to 80 plus.
We have traveled the planet in search of comfortable places to be beau-dacious!
Join our adventures!

27 March 2013

BE A HOMEGROWN TOURIST

I'm off to downtown Vancouver today. Why is that such a big deal? Because I hardly ever go downtown. So today I'm venturing "overtown" to the other side of the inlet, over the Lions Gate Bridge. Being a tourist in your own town can be fun. Just walking down a familiar but not oft-visited section of your city can be just as thrilling as re-visiting a suburb of Athens, Greece, or, Rome, Italy. You've visited the place before and now there's no mad dash to see all the hot spots cause you've already seen them. Now you can choose those places you'd like to see again, or simply sip a morning espresso and watch the city come alive!

So today, I'll do that in my own city and enjoy rediscovering the place where I've been living almost all my life. Maybe see you downtown!

Ciao bella,
We, at Older Wiser Ladies, wish you a wonderful day!

PHOTO: What city is this coffee shop located in? Go here for a fabulous espresso!

No comments:

Post a Comment