Hello! This is the infamous travel blog for OWLs (Older Wiser Ladies) ages 40 to 80 plus.
We have traveled the planet in search of comfortable places to be beau-dacious!
Join our adventures!

02 April 2014

Italy 2014

Getting ready to go. All flights have been booked thanks to Jenny at Travel Concepts, West Vancouver. And I booked my own hotels--pensioni--after much stress and no availability at this late date. Italy is a busy place! Hotels are booked months in advance and here I decide to leave in one and a half months! Yikes! So, I went through all my Italian travel books, and some from the library too, and sent off over two dozen emails. Most of the hotels were full. But they always get cancellations, so keep trying your favorite ones, or call them direct--it helps. I'm trying a monastery this time in the centre of Florence, so it will be quite different. And there's an 11:00 p.m. curfew; it has beautiful gardens to walk in and breakfast is included.

In Florence, I'm meeting my sister (not that kind of "sister", the family kind). She's flying over to be part of a Bowen Therapy workshop and retreat. After a few days in Florence together, we'll be traveling to the Cinque Terre. Hopefully, the winter storm cleanup will be finished and there will be no rain. I tried to get to Vernazza in June 2011 but the rains kept everyone away.

Will keep you posted!
Ciao bella - MJ ;O)

No comments:

Post a Comment