Hello! This is the infamous travel blog for OWLs (Older Wiser Ladies) ages 40 to 80 plus.
We have traveled the planet in search of comfortable places to be beau-dacious!
Join our adventures!

13 July 2010

Older Wiser Travelers

One of the reasons I still love to travel, even well into my sixties, is because it allows me to learn and grow. How else can you continue to learn about the world using your own eyes and ears and sixth sense? The senses recall memories. There's the smell of freshly baked chocolate croissants in France, bougainvillea of Costa Rica or Hawaii, the volcanic earth of Thera/Santorini or the red earth of Australia; hearing the cicadas in New Zealand, the drums in Africa, the Greek bouzouki on a balmy evening, the ocean on a wild Mykonos afternoon while plowing the waters to Delos . . . 

I could go on and on, but why rush. Let's slow down. We like to take our time when we travel, especially at our age!

Let us enjoy the world together.

Happy travels!

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes Santorini, it's like walking inside a very very romantic poem...
    A 6 week stint left me wanting more and so I sold my car, left my apartment and headed off to the poetry of my life and spent several years
    living a Dream...

    Anastasia

    ReplyDelete