Hello! This is the infamous travel blog for OWLs (Older Wiser Ladies) ages 40 to 80 plus.
We have traveled the planet in search of comfortable places to be beau-dacious!
Join our adventures!

25 May 2011

ARRIVAL OKAY

Monday May 23-24 was a very long day and night. The flight Vancouver to Amsterdam was nine grueling hours stuffed into a window seat. Ugh. And then another flight to Athens, and then to the island of Rhodes. Now I remember why I book 4-6 weeks in Europe cause it takes so friggin long to get here.

Sitting next to me was a retired couple returning to Finland after 43 years living and working in Vancouver. They retired and wanted to move back to be with the rest of their family. The husband buildt houses in the Lower Mainland of Vancouver and still spoke with a strnge Finnish accent. The woman was reading a book entitled "Disappearance of the Universe" by Gary Reanrd, it had been translated. I know this book, written by A Course in Miracles follower. It shifted my travel woes and I took it as a sign---sitting beside a spiritually based couple.

Another sign was a flash of blue light on the small TV screen in front of me, and the brilliant blue blankets the cabin stewards handed out. Why did I need these signs to comfort me? Well, I'd been worried about the flight and travelling, what with the Icelandic ash cloud, half thek world under either flood waters, fire, or hurricanes, or war. I was picking up all these negative vibrations of energy circulating the planet. I even took the precaustion of packing a packsack with all the esstentials needed for overnight stays just in case I got stuck anywhere.

You no doubt wonder why the colour blue is important to me? It's always been a special colour and means to pay attention.

Yasou! from Rhodes!

[Photo copyright M. J. Milne 2011: "Arrival in Rhodes"]

No comments:

Post a Comment